“These kids are going to feel so blessed…”
- Max, age 11 as he organizes the gift cards
“I’ve never seen so many gift cards other than in a store!”
- Max, age 11, still organizing the gift cards
“It is amazing how many people who care out there.”
- Max, still age 11, still organizing the gift cards
- Max, age 11, among a pile of gift cards, when the calculator he was using to add up the total value of all the cards crashed
“We are already at $295!”
- Max, getting ever closer to 12, while adding up the value of the cards, this time on the computer
“It’s amazing that everyone would give this much support to these kids. It’s amazing!”
- Max, 11, who has grown an inch since he started this little project.
“$1,940 so far! But a bunch of the cards didn’t have amounts on them…so I’m guessing we are over $2,000!!”
- Max, who has an enthusiasm for this that warms my heart
Max, who will be 12 in May, was just 8 when Jess came into his life and he learned what it means to be transgender. Didn’t care then. Doesn’t care now.
Our original goal of 104 has been met and crushed. But…my birthday is not for another two weeks, so keep ’em coming!
And Max: it isn’t just these kids who are feeling blessed…